Heart & Soul Magazine's Healthy, Wealthy and Wise Notes

The Online Newsletter for the Loyal Readers and Supporters of Heart & Soul Magazine

Sunday, December 02, 2007

New Mommy Files, Part 22

The holidays are here! Thanksgiving was great! It was a smaller than usual gathering, but the sentiment was still the same. Raine’s first holiday season is so exciting. She had creamed corn, gravy and mash potatoes as part of her Thanksgiving feast. And, it was straight off my plate! No Gerber’s here. She can eat real food. It seems like only yesterday when I was a one-woman feeding machine. She also likes her auntie’s pasta salad. I’ve never seen gums work so hard! She has a hearty appetite. She got it from her momma.

It is true that the holidays get a bit (or a lot) of a boost when kids are involved. Any jaded feelings that may have latched on to you over the years melt away. I’m so excited for Christmas and scared that I won’t be prepared. I was even one of those crazy people who shopped at midnight on Black Friday (gotta be one of the first 500 to get that $10 savings certificate)! But since that disaster (I wasn’t one of the first 500 despite arriving at 12:02 and I stood in line longer than I shopped!), I haven’t ventured into a store. I think this is going to be an online year. Good luck to me with that since Raine can really get around these days. She crawls and walks herself around the table. Anything that she’s not supposed to have she wants. I hear that’s typical.

So I’m making this short; I’m diving head first into the holidays today—baby in tow. I guess we’ll come up for air tomorrow.

Marcia Caster
Senior Editor, Beauty and Fashion
mcaster@heartandsoul.com

2 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Nicki-c said…

    Marcia,

    I enjoy reading about your journey with Raine. It brings back memories of when I was a new mommy--my son is seven.

    You're right. Babies do add a boost to the holidays--they've even been known to keep family members from feudin'. (Who has time with such cuteness around?)

    Enjoy your first Christmas with Raine and have a happy 2008.

    Nicki

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I just found this blog. Raine sounds so very adorable! My son is now officially 32 months (2 1/2 yrs old) and fast approaching his 3rd B-Day. It was just yesterday that he had his first Christmas in his little Santa Suit. I do agree that the Holidays were good, but he has added some real spice to them. Enjoy your holidays.
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home